Tuesday, March 16

The Project Plan

I got an interesting assignment today. A professor wants my class to come up with a way to positively change our lives/lives of others. Some students proposed some rather New Years resolution-esque ideas: quit smoking, eat breakfast, get exercise... I quit smoking. I don't drink. If I take any sort of drugs, it's ibuprofen & the occasional antihistamine. I eat breakfast, lunch, & dinner. & I get a fair deal of exercise. So I chose a slightly different 'experiment': adopt a vegan diet for a week.

Now, I honestly can't say I know for a fact that eating vegan is much healthier or that it'll add a noticeable positive change in my life. But I have some friends that always insisted that since I'm such an animal nut, I probably should be vegan. It would almost make sense if you excluded my love for meat. I dig on meat. I love my steak still mooing. I love tender veal & lamb. I love rotisserie chicken & plump Thanksgiving day turkey. I love fresh fish & seafood. (But the only thing I won't touch is pork -- & I can't explain why, even if I wanted to.)

For a week (starting Wednesday, March 17th) I'll be eating a strict vegan diet. No milk products (IE: milk, cheese, yogurt, butter), no animal products (IE: eggs, gelatin), & most definitely no meat (IE: beef, pork, poultry, seafood, etc.)
I also plan on exploring vegan meal options. I'm only going to allow myself to duplicate a meal twice.
& all the while, I plan on keeping this blog.

I'm sure this is going to get real interesting real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment