Saturday, March 20

Day Three & Day Four

I know, I totally slacked on Friday March 19th. It was a relatively busy day on my end.
I'll update as follows:

Day Three: Friday March 19th
Breakfast
Like the reoccurring theme of the week, I woke up rather late so I sat down to a bowl of Cheerios, soy milk & some mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana). Sometimes I do have this on a "regular" non-vegan day, so this already was something I generally enjoy.

Lunch
I actually had skipped lunch & had a large, early dinner. So, yes, I did go against my plan today because I did not have all three meals...

Dinner
I had fun with my frydaddy again. I threw a whole slew of vegetables & tofu delights into the deepfryer for a quick dinner seeing as I needed to eat on the go.
Combination included: peppers, baby corn, potatoes, broccoli, sugar snap peas, tofu & carrots.
Yes, I know it's a shame that I duplicated this idea, too, but I really just needed food on the go...

Obviously this whole diet & having to cook special meals for myself is really not fitting into my schedule too terribly well. It would be so much easier to pop open a can of chef boyardee & take it with me while I'm off to work or whatever event I have scheduled, but I'm really not seeing that convenience factor in my life right now. It's becoming a real challenge to get this diet to really fit my schedule. Totally not digging it.

Day Four: Saturday March 20th
Breakfast
Actually slept in today while at a friend's house, so this made the whole breakfast-food issue an interesting obstacle. My breakfast consisted of a large soy vanilla latte. Definitely not nutritious, but at least I managed to make it fit...

Lunch
Decided to try a little experiment with my friend today... We went out to eat at a Chinese buffet & obviously trying to stick to the diet, I selected foods that I was 'allowed' to eat. I really thought there would be a better selection -- I was stuck with vegetable lo mein, white rice, & a fruit/salad bar. ALTHOUGH: They had VEGAN SUSHI. (if you know me well enough, I'm a huge sushi/sashimi fanatic.) It was tofu seasoned with spices to taste like sushi. I mean, obviously the consistency was not like that of REAL sushi/sashimi, but it satisfied a craving I've had for a couple days. Heh.

Dinner
I've still yet to make dinner. I'm going to explore some options & update with the recipe/results from what I chose.

& going back to my thoughts on my late migraines... I had a bit of a revelation. When I was on my regular, non-vegan diet, I never had to worry about what I was eating & when. Now, it's obviously quite the opposite. Thinking about it, a huge part of my regular "snacks" (IE: granola bars, some yogurts) are incredibly sugary. I'm having sugar withdrawals.
Awesomeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment